ASR knows Computer on Wheels (COWs) or Workstation on Wheels (WOWs).
We have researched the criteria for selecting a Mobile Cart for Hospitals and Health Systems. After polling our local clients and posting questions to HIMSS members through the message board, these are the results of our findings.
The questions were:
- What is the criteria in selecting Computer on Wheels, Mobile Carts or RX Carts?
- Who drives the decision?
- Who has input on the decision?
The nursing staff should express their needs/feedback about Mobile Carts through representatives or Nurse Managers. The IT Departments needs to provide input as to supporting a device on the network and Biomed department gets involved (in some cases) in supporting the batteries. Now becoming more mainstream, some institutions are on their 2nd or 3rd generation of carts. History of using these carts creates a wish list for future purchases, to make the staff’s jobs easier.
Allow me to add the following about FLO Computer on Wheels:
- Easy to Push – Little effort to push and maintain rolling
- Small Footprint – Right sized for doorways and tight areas
- Appropriate Screen Size – Today’s SW recommends larger screens..22″ or even 24″
- Easy Plug In / Battery Swap – Batteries must be charged regularly
- Easy to See Battery Gauge – Should be right above Work Surface
- Built in Foot Rest
- Compatible with Software and Wireless NW – Good reception
- Back Lit Keyboard – For in-room visits at night
- Lighted Worksurface – For tools and documents
- Ergonomic Keyboard Tray – Reduces fatigue
- ISO and UL 60601 Certified – No Electro Static Discharge within 6′ of COW (FLO is only one Certified)
- Microban Covered Keyboard or Skin – Prevents spread of bacteria
- Medication Drawer options – Customized to your needs
- Easily Upgraded – Field upgraded
- Many Options Available – Lights, holders, baskets, rails, etc.
- Great reseller support – ASR is your partner
Metro FLO Mobile Carts meet all of the criteria….plus having the Industry Leading Power Systems with batteries that can last a full shift and can be used for 10 years.
ASR is a leading Metro Flo Healthcare Mobile Cart Dealer and Service Center.
is bridging the gap for Healthcare providers. We are an IT company that knows IT and knows COWs. With over 20 years combined experience with them, ASR has developed many ways to extend Cost of Ownership and Return on Investment. Allow us to show you how.
Contact 770.623.0071 or firstname.lastname@example.org